cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boosters

Lobo
Just Moved In
When I got fibre installed, I was only given one booster. Admittedly my house isn't very big (less than 1200 sq ft) but the modem is located in the basement. When the technician installed the fibre (1Gb) he handed me the booster and told me to plug the booster on my main level which I did. He never tested it as far as I know. I have never really had wifi speeds more than 20% of the internet speed usually around 90 mbps. I was just reading up on the boosters in the Telus forum and it stated I should have received two boosters. One of which should be hardwired to the modem. That's not the case in my situation. There's nothing attached to my modem. Am I wrong in assuming I was only provided one booster in error? Trying to get a hold of TELUS by phone is a nightmare. Any help would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

which modem are you using the T3200M Modem or the FXA5000 or network access hun modem or (nah)?

Are you using wifi booster pack or the wif6 booster or called network access hub?

Anonymous
Not applicable

wifi boosters are usually attatched to the modem , the t3200 modem for the wifi booster pack  or the wifi 6 booster or hub is attatched to the network access hun modem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

use a cat 6 or or 6e ethernet cable to connect from the basement  of your modem from the basement to your mainfloor where your wifi booster is , minimum 100 ft of cable or longer.