cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boost WiFi Ethernet connection not getting 1gbps

Carer
Neighbour

Hey there,

I got a boost Wi-Fi setup with 1gbps speeds yet my speeds have been maxed at 93 mbps with or without ethernet connection. After searching for hours, the only lead I found was disabling the auto mesh for the router and direct connecting to the 5GHz band. I also get 94 download latency and I would be curious to fix that as well. I have made sure to switch my router band to 5GHz and made sure my channel has little to no traffic.

Computer Specs:

13th gen Intel i9-13900H

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4050 Laptop GPU

16 gbps Ram

Windows 11 Home

3 REPLIES 3

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi @Carer, is connecting directly to the router any better?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Exact same results even without the ethernet connection. I played around with the auto mesh and couldn't get it to separate the router so that I could test the 5GHz specific network but if ethernet does not work I would guess that wouldn't do much either. My ethernet cables are Cat-6 so there should be no issue with those

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

So are your issues related to Wi-Fi and wired? That is definitely an issue. We will send you a message to try to help with the situation

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.