cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boost Wi-Fi and T3200M Firmware Update

Hero
Neighbour

Hi, found the below text here: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/Telus-Boost-Wi-Fi/m-p/84703#M16119 (posted 05-20-2018 03:30 PM)

Hello, I'm a Telus tech.
Currently the T3200 doesn't support the Boost directly but with the upcoming firmware change or replacement modem you will be able to use the two pack as additional boosters but until then you have to hardware one.
If you have an ethernet run in your house you can place the first in a better location.

As fas as I can see, one Boost W-fi device still needs to be hardwired to the T3200M. I tried without hardwire, and it didn't work.

The last firmware update in my T3200M is 31.164L.18 (12/14/2018).

My question: Is there already a solution for using all Boost Wi-fi nodes as additional boosters instead of having always to hardwire one to the T3200M? Firmware update or otherwise?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

doylet8456
Just Moved In

I had to redo my local network yesterday, and as such had to add my 3 wifi boosters again. One had to be hardwired, and 2 additional were synced wirelessly. When using the local networking between my computers, one directly connected to the actiontec t3200 and the other computer connected via the wifi booster, I am acheiving local transfer speeds of 475mbps. Very satisfying in my opinion. I read long ago, that the wifi boosters were limited to 144mbps transfers, but when one of your devices is connected to the actiontec t3200, the speeds are much greater, all within the local networking, no internet. 

Hero
Neighbour

Hey all, does anyone have a useful answer? Thanks!

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

AFAIK, the first Boost unit needs to be connected to the T3200M with an Ethernet cable.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"