cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boost Devices

Vic1
Organizer

Does each Boost expansion device get its signal from the Boost device wired to the modem?  I was hoping that the expansion devices can pass the signal from one device to the next, thereby extending the range from the device wired to the modem, but this does not seem to be the case.

6 REPLIES 6

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

They should behave as you describe, hopping from one to another. What errors are you seeing, and which router do you have?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

NFtoBC

It appears that a Boost device will only connect to another Boost device which is connected by an ethernet cable to the modem.

I have a fiber optic connection with a T3200M modem and 4 Boost devices.  I am not getting errors but the Telus App shows a very weak signal on 2 of the devices (-71 to -75 db).  As a test, I moved one of the devices (Boost A) half way between the Boost connected to the modem and another device (Boost B) with a weak signal.  I started Boost A and it showed excellent signal strength.  I restarted Boost B but it still showed the same weak signal strength. Without moving Boost A, I ran a temporary ethernet cable to Boost A and restarted it.  I now had 2 Boost devices connected by ethernet, the original and Boost A which is closer to Boost B. I restarted Boost B and it now showed excellent signal strength so it appears it connected to Boost A but wouldn't connect before I connected Boost A with an ethernet cable.  Can anyone verify if this is true?

Is there any way, using the Telus App or anything else, to determine which Boost device another Boost device is connected to?

My understanding is Boost signals are grabbed from the wired home unit, as that acts as the controller. You might be able to finesse the configuration a bit more on the web utility: http://teluswifi.home/login.htm

How do you go about using this web utility? Do you need to be hard wired into the router? or into one of the boost devices? And what login information would you use? Thanks!

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

With the T3200M, you access the admin page with an Ethernet-connected computer, and discover the IP address assigned to the Boost device. You can then enter the IP address of the Boost device to access its web interface.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

AP403

I am not sure which web utility you are referring to.  The app I was using runs on mobile devices and can be downloaded from the Apple or Google Store.  It's called Telus My Wi-Fi and is used to set up your Wi-Fi network with Boost devices.