cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.5GB speed help with telus router.

winter1
Neighbour

Hello 

I upgraded to the Telus 1.5G speed service.

Setup.

Garage has modem installed.

Telephone wall jack in the second floor is connected by cat 8 to Telus cylinder router that shows 2.5gb.

Telus cylinder router ethernet port 1 or 2 is connected by cat 8 to tp link 2.5gb switch. 

Tp link 2.5gb switch is connected by cat 8 to PC ethernet port with 2.5gb.

This does not work as I believe the telus router does not output at 2.5gb. Is there a solution to this that telus can provide such as an updated router with 2.5gb outbound ethernet ports.

When I plug the cat 8 cable from my ethernet port from my computer directly to the wall jack I get the 1.5gb down speeds per speed test so I know it works.

Any solutions to how to get this working with the telus router. I use optik tv as well. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Connect the switch to the Ethernet port in the wall, and attach the computer and the Wi-Fi 6 device to the switch.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Which "modem" is installed in the garage? What you're calling a router sounds like a Boost Wifi6 unit. If it is a Boost, then it is merely a wireless access point and not a router.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

winter1
Neighbour

I am not sure the exact model modem in the garage but it has a 10gb port. They just upgraded it with this unit so it must be fairly new. The modem is outputting correctly as it feeds into my second floor ethernet wall jack. When I connect my computer with a cat 8 to the ethernet walljack i get the 1.5gb download speed per speedtest.

The router (white cylinder trash can) has wifi password, admin password etc. so I am pretty sure its the primary white cylinder router. They didnt provide any additional wifi boost hubs. Thanks. 

winter1
Neighbour

As you mentioned earlier. If the name of it is the boost wifi 6 unit. How do I have it output 2.5gb on ethernet ports 1 or 2. Is there a new unit or a work around. Thanks.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Connect the switch to the Ethernet port in the wall, and attach the computer and the Wi-Fi 6 device to the switch.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

winter1
Neighbour

Thank you. This worked!