cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User01
Just Moved In
I have just switched over from shaw and I am blown away at how horrible your tv experience is. The remote only turns on both the tv and box half the time. the pop up to the home screen initially then have to back twoce to get to the tv is annoying. Still onnthe fence about choosing a profile to start, I may just delete those. The android voice features are mostly useless, I get the idea but bluesky is so much better. Having to pay $10 a month to pause and rewind is a cheap trick that was hidden during purchase.

So far the only thing telus tv has over bluesky is the video games. It is such a bad experience and the customer service is so much worse. I am used to talking to someone within minutes, not hours. If shaw were still around I would have switched back and paid extra just to not have to use telus tv.
4 Comments
A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @User01, thank you for your feedback. Please see the details below. 

The remote only turns on both the tv and box half the time.

This happens because the TV and box are out of sync. It is especially prevalent if the box times out after 4 hours and shuts off automatically while the TV is still on, so when you hit the power button on the remote, the box will be turned on, but the TV will be turned off, and vice versa. To get out of this mismatched sync state, you can wake up the box by pressing any button before pressing the power button, or you can go to settings and turn off the 4-hour timeout timer. 

the pop up to the home screen initially then have to back twoce to get to the tv is annoying.

You can dismiss the home screen by pressing and holding the back button

The android voice features are mostly useless, I get the idea but bluesky is so much better.

We're working on improving this feature in the future, please stay tuned. 

Rocky3
Rockstar

The remote only turns on both the tv and box half the time.

If they are out of sync and you have enabled bluetooth for the box then cover the IR at end of remote and this will only turn on/off the box putting them back in sync.

The home screen is annoying, last watched at start would be more preferable.

Dmar
Just Moved In

We just installed a new optik box after a 7hr go round with TELUS over 4 days trying to get into our old account. Final resolution was to delete that account and start a new account, which meant having to get a new optik box. I don’t know how they could have made the remote control system any less user friendly. Just ridiculous how frustrating it is to try to do the simplest things. Like having to search through all the episodes of a series to find the one episode you just watched so you can delete it!! The old system was sooooo much easier to work with. I’m hoping someone at TELUS will wake up and do some reprogramming