cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor cell reception

lbilocerkowec
Just Moved In

I've recently moved to a basement suite and have found that I only have one bar of reception.  My cell phone is my only phone, and I do not have a land line.  Is there any way to boost the cell reception?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AskBedo
Organizer

Hello there Ibilocerkowec!

It is unfortunate to hear that after going through the stress of moving, now you have low reception in your new basement suite. Concrete, steel buildings and underground locations such as basements may definitely be hindering your reception as you are aware.

TELUS is always looking for feedback on clients' network experience and have since released an app that is available on iOS, Android & BlackBerry devices that you can download in order to report troublesome coverage areas. The app itself registers your location on a map and then asks you to pick the issue you are having (ie, no service) and tap on Submit! If you have no data connection you can still do this and then go back in the app once you have a working data connection to submit the information to TELUS.

That would be the best way to report any network issues that you may have at anytime. It is important to note that TELUS will not contact you directly about your submission. Although these changes are gradual and not as easy as pressing the easy button, the feedback is collected and further grouped together by region for further investigation.

The information above was taken from the TELUS Network Experiance App directly which you can find more information about what it does and how to get it here:  http://goo.gl/JijNj

Hope it helps 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AskBedo
Organizer

Hello there Ibilocerkowec!

It is unfortunate to hear that after going through the stress of moving, now you have low reception in your new basement suite. Concrete, steel buildings and underground locations such as basements may definitely be hindering your reception as you are aware.

TELUS is always looking for feedback on clients' network experience and have since released an app that is available on iOS, Android & BlackBerry devices that you can download in order to report troublesome coverage areas. The app itself registers your location on a map and then asks you to pick the issue you are having (ie, no service) and tap on Submit! If you have no data connection you can still do this and then go back in the app once you have a working data connection to submit the information to TELUS.

That would be the best way to report any network issues that you may have at anytime. It is important to note that TELUS will not contact you directly about your submission. Although these changes are gradual and not as easy as pressing the easy button, the feedback is collected and further grouped together by region for further investigation.

The information above was taken from the TELUS Network Experiance App directly which you can find more information about what it does and how to get it here:  http://goo.gl/JijNj

Hope it helps 🙂

Thanks for the tip on the app.... bummer it states it's an "unsupported device" for the new Blackberry Q10.

The only deadzones I found that drives me nuts

• Metrotown TnT Supermarket fish and tofu corner section when I'm shopping.
  • Skytrain Dunsmuir tunnel.  The tunnel has been around for over 25yrs.  If people can Skype from Mt Everest... Telus can put in repeaters in a frequently used subway tunnel.  It's a huge market advantage to brag that Telus is the first or sole provider in the Dunsmuir tunnel.

Please have them fixed at these high traffic locations!