cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Telus Equipment Not as Good as VIVANT

OMD
Friendly Neighbour

Telus has taken over VIVANT’s Canadian customers. Telus has not been upfront about Telus’s System not being compatible with Vivant, Brinks and ADT systems. 
My system was tested last week when vandals came onto my property and smashed my vehicles back window. Much to my horror my camera did not record, because Telus had not sent updates to my system. 
Thus, to get a working system I had to have all of my security system replaced by all Telus equipment. 
This is when I found out that Telus’s equipment is Not Equal to Vivant’s. 
Vivant’s outdoor cameras had the capability to make a sound when activated (I should note that when Vivant looked after their system it was flawless), this sound was a great deterrent. 
But the Absolute Best part of the cameras was their ability to not only record sound but I could also talk. I could call out to my family, and more importantly I could warn away miscreants. This came in really handy when someone came into our yard and were trying to steal our car. I warned them that the police were on their way and they quickly took off. 
The final thing that I will mention is that Vivant offered a 24 hour external residential recording box. The device was small with a nice design. The device kept the 24/7 recordings for one month before overwriting. 
Telus now has a monopoly but does not offer the quality or the prices offered by Vivant. I have multiple cameras, every door, windows all sensored, motion sensor, the 24/7 recording, and a Monitored system, all for $50.00 a month. 
Perhaps Telus could at least match the quality of the equipment of the companies that they have taken over. 

2 REPLIES 2

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hello. Appreciate the feedback. Have you spoken with our SmartHome team about your experience to see if there was anything they could do for you? Feel free to send us a private message if you'd like us to connect you and we can do so, thanks.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

kinncj
Friendly Neighbour

the equipment isn't compatible with adp/telus... they will ask you to buy new stuff just how hey did to me. run.