cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIth switchover from ADT I can't pay my Telus Security Bill!!

pondosinatra
Just Moved In

Got the email telling me - MY NINE DIGIT - Telus Security account. And telling me to add 'TELUS COMMUNICATIONS' as a payee with my online banking. But the bank won't accept the account number - because account numbers for Telus Communications have to be 10 digits!!

Called the bank and they're like, we can't do anything, has to be 10 digits.

Called Telus security and they were clueless after being on the phone for hours they said they'd call me back and never did.

Also can't pay using MyTelus or setup authorized payments - because again, the only choices are to do this for Telus Home or Telus Mobility!!!

So my bill is due in a couple days and I can't pay it. Apparently I'm the only person in Canada having this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

By any chance is your Bank the ATB? it has had issues with numbers of digits for a long. The only solution I am aware of is to reach out to the Accounts department, who will assign a 10 digit account number for you. In the meantime, you should be able to pay by cheque at a financial institution, or by mail!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

By any chance is your Bank the ATB? it has had issues with numbers of digits for a long. The only solution I am aware of is to reach out to the Accounts department, who will assign a 10 digit account number for you. In the meantime, you should be able to pay by cheque at a financial institution, or by mail!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

pondosinatra
Just Moved In

Ok....called once more and this time the person knew what the issue was. They told me to simply append a '7' to the account number to make it 10 digits. I asked how the hell I was supposed to know that and they mumbled something I didn't quite get. But anyway I was able to now add them as a new Payee with my bank.

mairbren
Just Moved In

This is happening to me too with TD. 

mairbren
Just Moved In

I'm having the same problem with TD. Ridiculous!