cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus home security telemarketers

JAKandMango
Neighbour

So my question isn’t exactly a security question, but it is related. Before I do that, i will start off with a recommendation to the powers that be at Telus for their outgoing telemarketers. A lot of us have a hard time knowing whether they are legitimate. Just on these pages there are tons of stories of people giving out personal details or buying products from fraudulent sources. Enough is enough! My recommendation is if Telus assigns each phone agent with a unique phrase, string of numbers or letters or a combo of the two that is swapped out on a weekly or daily basis (at least so it’s not static and fraudsters don’t start using it themselves). Anyways, the agent provides this verification code at the beginning of a call with a customer (recommending you make note of it). Then at the end of the call, the staff person tells the customer a number or website they can access that verifies whether they were just speaking with Telus or if it is a scam. Is something along those lines doable? I know personally, I don’t engage with anyone who calls claiming to be from Telus as I don’t trust them. This would give me some peace of mind to know that I was speaking to a Telus rep. 

Not the point of my post though, but closely related. How do I get the Telus reps who call me to just STOP DOING SO FOR HOME SECURITY!?!? I don’t know how many calls or how many times I’ve had to repeat myself that I already have a security system, I own it, and no I don’t want to switch it to Telus. I’ve asked numerous times for them to just put me a do not call list for home security (I’m fine with calls about the other products…. Just not home security.) Yet even when I ask, the following week I typically get a call from someone trying to sell it to me again. It’s frustrating and annoying and disrespectful as I’ve clearly stated not to call me again about this product. Any suggestions!?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @JAKandMango - We can remove you from our marketing calls but that would be for all services. Please send us a private message if you would like to go this route

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @JAKandMango - We can remove you from our marketing calls but that would be for all services. Please send us a private message if you would like to go this route

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.