cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Bill, Went to Collections, Cancellation Fee for Non-functional Equipment

wtftelus
Neighbour

I have been on the phone to customer service at 888.811.2500 for well over an hour trying to help my aging parents deal with this billing issue. 

Telus bought their security company. A sensor stopped working, so Telus insisted on replacing all of their equipment. The new equipment never worked so they sent it all back 2 weeks later. 

Yesterday they got an email from collections saying that they owe an $1100 early cancelation fee.

I called customer service, who transferred me to collections, and told me to tell collections that Telus needs to debt back in order to adjust the bill. 

Collections of course told me that I need to call the collections agency. This agent wasn't making any sense at all, reflecting back random concerns ("so you are trying to figure out why the bill is getting bigger and bigger?"). I asked to speak to a manager and then got cut off!

It makes no sense that I call the collections agency and ask them to send the debt back to Telus. 

My aging parents and I are getting extremely frustrated. I frankly don't see any way out of this situation. They just transfer me all over and then hang up on me.

Now we are waiting on hold for another 26 minutes and counting. 

This is really inexcusable on Telus's part. 

How do I get out of this situation?

1 REPLY 1

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Definitely not the experience we want our customers to have. Feel free to send us a private message and we can discuss options further, thanks.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.