cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pik TV On Demand Content

popperoni
Organizer
Most Of The Shows I Check That We Want To Continue Watching After ReAdding ALL Our Favorites Has ZERO Episodes! The Very Few That Even List Episodes, Have A Series Description For All Episodes Instead Of That Episodes Description Except The Latest.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @popperoni 

Without getting into too many of the technical details - the app updates (including your Android TV app for Nvidia Shield) required the creation of a new 'account' that talks to the new app for all of your channels to show up properly. This is different than the old 'account' that talks to the old Pik TV Media Box which was untouched. It sounds like your new 'account' wasn't created properly in our back-end systems and your On Demand subscriptions aren't showing up properly. This will require agent assistance to resolve.  

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Can you provide a bit more detail? What series in particular are showing problems.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Too many to list but as examples: All Law and Order series, No episodes listed. The good doctor, same. The masked singer, same. Survivor, same. The Blacklist, same. Bull, same. The list goes on and on of shows On Demand that have NO Episodes listed to watch.
The very few that do list episodes suffer from lack of episode description making it difficult to know which episodes we have already watched after loosing all information with the new 'update'. An example is The Equalizer, many episodes have the basic description of the series overall rather than what the specific episode is about, though a few of them do have the correct description. Many shows have that same issue.

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @popperoni 

What device are you using to watch Pik TV? I just checked on my Sony TV, my Apple TV, the browser and iOS, and I was able to see and watch episodes from most of the shows you listed (I didn't check them all).

It sounds like there may be an issue with your account subscriptions that needs an agent to help.

No not an account issue. Everything is fine on old pik box. It's the nvidia shield update that's no good.

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @popperoni 

Without getting into too many of the technical details - the app updates (including your Android TV app for Nvidia Shield) required the creation of a new 'account' that talks to the new app for all of your channels to show up properly. This is different than the old 'account' that talks to the old Pik TV Media Box which was untouched. It sounds like your new 'account' wasn't created properly in our back-end systems and your On Demand subscriptions aren't showing up properly. This will require agent assistance to resolve.  

There are many problems that are unrelated to any account with your new app for Nvidia Shield (that you will see in this forum) like being unable to rewind and pause/play button on remote no longer working with on demand.
Missing episode descriptions for most but not all episodes in a particular series is not an account issue.

JSB
Neighbour

Hi popperoni

I think i have had this happen to me before. I use an apple tv and it seems occasionally all the programs have zero episodes. seems when this happens i have to log out and then log back in. This is a pain but it seems to work. The PIK TV app is the worst entertainment app i have. Telus should pay more attention to providing quality products and spend less the game was almost over. 

While drafting my reply the TELUS website cut in to ask me if i wanted to provide feedback and seems to have sent my unfinished post. ( need i say more) What i wanted to say is that TELUS should pay more attention to providing quality products and less time trying to sell stuff. talk about frustration with the PIK TV app it wouldn't let me log in to watch hockey this week until the game was almost over. 

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately logging out and back in had no effect. Still a half broken update.