cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot login to TTV+ on Andorid TV: User MultiGEO Property Does Not Match

Moofey17
Friendly Neighbour

I'm having issues logging into the Telus TV+ app on Android TV. I recently had to reinstall the app because it would not load, and upon trying to login with my MyTelus account it either returns a generic "Login failed" error or "User MultiGEO property does not match."

I have verified that the username and password that I'm using to login is correct.

This only affects the Android TV app. I am still able to login successfully via browser and the mobile Android app. However, it's the Android TV app I would prefer to watch from as it's what's hooked up to my TV.

9 REPLIES 9

Moofey17
Friendly Neighbour

Additionally, on my Android mobile device, my account information shows my in-home status as "Not connected at home" despite being connected to my home network. My phone is not connected to a VPN and whatismyip sees my IP address as it's listed in my router. Despite this, if I login via browser on my mobile device, it does say I'm connected at home.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you using Telus's Optik Android TV box or some third party box?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Moofey17
Friendly Neighbour

I'm using a third party box; an Nvidia Shield.

Moofey17
Friendly Neighbour

Additionally, a quick chat with support has told me that Telus TV+ is only supported on Sony TVs. I've been using an Nvidia Shield TV Box for three years with no issues and if I look on the support page, it's listed as a supported device. I pointed this out to the social media support team and hadn't heard back.

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi, can you try clearing your app data - Settings > Apps > TELUS TV+ > Clear data, and ensure you're on the latest app version: 1.23.11.400 

AntonR
Just Moved In

I'm experiencing the same issue on my Sony TV with TelusTV+ for Android (app version 1.23.11.400). I tried to uninstall the app, clear data and cache, restart and update TV, no result. Error message: "Error code: 500-10022: user MultiGEO property does not match"

Other apps work (disney, netflix, prime) work with no issues. I tried my TelusTV+ account with AppleTV app and it works.

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Moofey17 , can you let us know the last time you experienced this error? Date and time. 

Also wondering if you've been able to log in sometimes, or not at all. From the logs, we can't seem to locate the error, so if you can provide some timing details, it would help us narrow it down!

Moofey17
Friendly Neighbour
Hi Kate,
I believe this was around the 10th or 11th of January that this happened? It was a while ago though.

When this was happening I wasn't able to login at all from what I remember, either coughing up a generic error or the one I mentioned earlier. I've been using an AppleTV instead with no issue but I still have the device that I was having issues with.

I see, can you confirm the device that's showing the error is still not working? I see a change on the backend on Jan 24th, and I wonder if that fixed the issue.