cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

telustvplus freezes when skipping forward

TR7
Helpful Neighbour

Why does telustvplus freeze when skipping forward? If I pause a program while watching on my computer and then try to skip ahead the app will freeze almost everytime. This is extremely annoying as the only way to exit is to close app and start over and lose all recorded content. This has been happening for months! When are you going to fix this?

10 REPLIES 10

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @TR7 - there is a buffering that needs to happen when you fast forward or go back. Is this what you are experiencing?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

The buffering wheel just spins and spins and spins and spins until I'm tired of it and I have to leave the channel.

--
Dwayne Machura

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

When you leave the channel and come back does the stream play like normal?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Yes it does, I can replicate the endless buffering by clicking on the skip forward button twice or more times in succession if I don't wait for the last click to advance. Just get rid of the 10 second skip and put a FF button in its place.

--
Dwayne Machura

TR7
Helpful Neighbour
I should have said the 30 sec skip forward....

--
Dwayne Machura

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Thanks for this feedback. We'll pass it off to our Optik team right away.

Rocky3
Rockstar

Occasionally have had this issue. I think it is also channel specific as it has been a while. Next time check 30 jump on another channel or stream before trying again on the show you were watching. 

TR7
Helpful Neighbour

I just had to exit out of program due to endless buffering, when is this issue going to be resolved?

TR7
Helpful Neighbour

I will also add that this issue happens using chrome or MS edge so it's definitely your problem!

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Thanks for the feedback. Our team is currently investigating this. Are you experiencing this on multiple channel recordings or just a select few?

Appreciate your patience!