cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Television signal has been lost

Taterstots
Neighbour

We are long time customers of Telus and recently moved from an apartment to a duplex in June. We never had issues until we moved. The weekend after we moved, our internet and tv stopped working completely. The technicians came back, confirmed it's way Sall fixed and it was fine for another few days...until it wasn't again. Since June I've been on the phone with Telus more times than I can count, each time an agent or technician would have a different reason for why it wasn't working then would confirm it was all fixed and wouldn't happen again. Until it does. We have reset our modem (which is down in the crawl space), the wifi booster, unplugged everything and replugged again, changed out he main PVR box, changed all the cables, remotely restarted, found and IP issue and fixed that with Telus, and yet....no signal. Sometimes we lose our wifi completely but majority of the time it's the TV. 

WWe would be watching something, then after 10-15 seconds  we would get a black screen saying signal has been lost. When we change the channel, signal is back for another 10-15 seconds and goes down yet again. 

Telus is no help. First I have wait an hour on hold. Then explain the situation again. Then they spend another 20 mins reading my file. Then we go through the same questions, the same reboots, and of course it works for the few mins they stay on the call with me so they assume it's fixed. Until its not. 

Please help. Someone. 

2 REPLIES 2

Zman2k2
Leader

Sounds to me like the router isn’t properly handling the multicast signal Telus uses.  Reason I say this is if you try to remove the Telus router and insert your own, if you don’t have multicast and IGMP snooping set properly, the behaviour is almost exactly as you describe.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @Taterstots that's definitely not the experience we want our customers to have. Send us a private message here and we can discuss getting you a callback from our team.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.