cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telustv-21t guide filter issue

stefhelm
Just Moved In
Hi. I have a TelusTV-21T box. I was playing with the channel guide filter option and clicked "all channels" which shows all channels in the guide as opposed to channels you are subscribed to. Unfortunately I am unable to unselect this filter. It is now stuck on. It sure seems like a bug. Looking for ideas before I factory reset this so I can get back to seeing only subscribed channels.

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stefhelm
Just Moved In

Hi,

A power cycle did not work.  I actually did not have the option to choose "subscribed channels" on either of my 21T boxes.  I only had "all channels".

I was able to start a tech support chat with Telus today.  The did some sort of re-sync on my account and then asked me to log out and log back in to my Telus account on each box.
After this, I had several more options in my Filter menu including the "subscribed channels" option.

So all is well now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Before resetting it, can you try power-cycling it? Unplug the box for 10 seconds, plug it back in then try again. 

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @stefhelm 

The guide filter is designed that it is only maintained for that session - if you turn the box off and turn it back on, your guide filters should be reset to 'subscribed channels' only. If this isn't happening, I'd suggest first checking for a system update (Settings --> Device settings --> Device Preferences --> About --> System update). If there isn't one available, try a reboot (Settings --> Device settings --> Device Preferences --> Reboot) to see if this solves your problem. If not, then factory reset (Settings --> Device settings --> Device Preferences --> Factory reset)

stefhelm
Just Moved In

Hi,

A power cycle did not work.  I actually did not have the option to choose "subscribed channels" on either of my 21T boxes.  I only had "all channels".

I was able to start a tech support chat with Telus today.  The did some sort of re-sync on my account and then asked me to log out and log back in to my Telus account on each box.
After this, I had several more options in my Filter menu including the "subscribed channels" option.

So all is well now.

stefhelm, Is it still working 3 weeks later

After 3 weeks is the re sunc still working.

You have a 21T box and options shows all channels, favorites and subscribed choices?

I just spent 2 hours with tech support who tried a reboot or? and kept asking if TV shut off, when it did not.