cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Harmony Remote

gobigred
Just Moved In

Hi,

I own an older Telus Harmony Remote (discussed by other members here) with the software. I was hoping to use the remote as a regular Harmony remote to control the TV/Roku/Blu-Ray/Bose Radio/etc. and own other (non-Telus) Harmony remotes. After some research, I discovered I can not use the regular Logitech Harmony software to program it (doesn't see it). I have the Telus software and installed in a Windows XP virtural machine, and older Mac that supports 32 bit software.

The problem I run into is the Telus software is unable to connect to the internet. Has anyone else run into this problem? Workarounds? Screenshots attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 8.38.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-04-03 at 8.39.17 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That is some ancient software. Telus TV pre-dates Optik TV. The software that came with the Telus branded Harmony Remote was on a CD dated 2006. The software you're running is old enough that it very likely doesn't use current SSL/TLS encryption standards, which would prevent it from connecting online. Either that or the server it's looking for has either changed address or no longer exists. If that is the case, there isn't a work around since it sounds like Logitech had a separate software package for the branded remotes. The normal Harmony software wouldn't work with them. Logitech also discontinued all of the Harmony remotes two years ago so their support is going to be very limited if any at all.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That is some ancient software. Telus TV pre-dates Optik TV. The software that came with the Telus branded Harmony Remote was on a CD dated 2006. The software you're running is old enough that it very likely doesn't use current SSL/TLS encryption standards, which would prevent it from connecting online. Either that or the server it's looking for has either changed address or no longer exists. If that is the case, there isn't a work around since it sounds like Logitech had a separate software package for the branded remotes. The normal Harmony software wouldn't work with them. Logitech also discontinued all of the Harmony remotes two years ago so their support is going to be very limited if any at all.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thank you for the update-- I was afraid of that. Oddly enough, I can still connect the Logitech Harmony remotes to the Logitech server (for now)-- the problem is the Telus software / connection. Was hoping someone had a workaround for the Telus software or ability to "flash" remote into acting like a Logitech remote.