cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Billing after Migration

starchoice
Ambassador

I am not sure why the move from copper to fibre necessitated a change in billing since the services are the same and we are being billed for services, not a change to their hardware transmission. I have not received my current bill yet which should be out in a day or two but when I was attempting to switch theme packs, the new screen at the end summarizes all my costs. They are not the same as previously, notwithstanding that Telus said there would be no change. I am seeing, for example, a $4 surcharge for Netflix but I am on a contract and this charge should not be there. "Customers currently on a term agreement with Netflix Premium will see the $4 surcharge apply at the end of their term." Anybody else see billing problems after the fibre migration? 

4 REPLIES 4

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Best to talk to Billing to see what's happening. I've encountered issues with billing when making changes and it took a bit of effort to get it sorted out.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The change in billing is because copper is regulated differently than fibre as far as the CRTC and other government agencies are concerned.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

starchoice
Ambassador

That billing is sure a rat's nest. Got my bill and it is 8 pages long. I can see there are a number of errors but the most blatant one was charging me the $4 Netflix Premium charge as part of my regular charges when it should not have applied to me as I am on contract. Two calls later, they have adjusted the bill but will have to wait to next month to see if it has actually been corrected.

MsEmm55
Friendly Neighbour

I am going through that myself despite researching and asking if there would be any increases or changes.  They arbitrarily changed me from a 4 theme to 7 theme and cut my Crave/HBO and raised the prices.  I think after many many phone calls it may be resolved today but it takes so much time to get any satisfaction or compromise - you have to keep pursuing it.  Keep checking your bill.