cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TELUS Recording issues since June (Arris PVR box)

KJSingh97
Organizer

Been having an issue with the Arris Telus PVR Box for an issue that began earlier this year in June 2023 and has been continuing up to this point, There has been a recording issue where sometimes a recording that you press fast forward on stops and says recording finished on the screen when you aren't even halfway done watching a recording (ex. a 3 hour Hockey or football game recording will end at the 55 minute mark when fast forwarding). I have also seen that these kind of recordings that end early also stutter when pressing the skip ahead 30 seconds button, meaning they will freeze and play and freeze again every few seconds. This has also impacted the future recordings that have been set on the same PVR box as I have noticed the box will not record future programs that were scheduled to record over a week ago even though it shows in the scheduled space. (A recording set for 7 pm to 7:30 pm shows in the scheduled recording tab but does not record at 7 pm and stays in the scheduled tab until the time of the program has ended at 7:30 with nothing ends up being recorded). I have done the reset of the Telus system in the order Telus states (Restarting the modem by unplugging/replugging then unplugging the PVR and then the other digital boxes). The problem usually ends up resolving after doing that process but then the same issue comes back again a week or so later so I need to restart everything again. And the following weeks the same process again. This issue has been going on since June 2023 till now and I hadnt had this issue at all before June ever since I switched from Shaw to Telus in 2018 and was given the same PVR, Modem and Digital boxes that I still use 5 years later. Has anyone else experienced an issue like this with their PVR this year and does Telus know of this being an issue?

3 REPLIES 3

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

It sounds like the hard drive may be failing. if that's the case all that can be done is to replace the box.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

kharasym
Neighbour

We have been having a constant issue identical to yours.

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @KJSingh97 & @kharasym, I concur with @FuzzyLogic that you may want to call in to have the box replaced!