cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCL 65S533-CA suddenly stopped working with Optik remote

Fredp
Organizer

We have the above model TV that has been synced with the Optik remote since 2021. Suddenly about October, it stopped working, i.e. remote could no longer control the TV. Replaced the Slimline2 remote, and the PVR, on Telus support recommendation, spoke to TCL (who say Telus should fix this) and have made zero progress.

So we currently have to turn on the PVR, then the TV, each using it's own remote, then use the Optik remote to watch our programs. None of the TCL codes provided by either Telus or TCL will work.

When I try the search for a code, after some 3-4 minutes, the TV will turn off, but after we press OK to lock in the code, it still won't turn the TV on from the Optik remote.

I suspect a software update to the TCL Roku TV has messed up the codes, but cannot be sure.

Anyone experiencing (or has experienced) the same issue ?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi... I tried tech support and went in circles for awhile and finally got through to a real person who put me through to Tech support and they did eventually get back to me, but by that time I had searched Tcl and other forums and finally found a code that worked. It is 0021. Try that with the code input instructions. Hope you have success.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. The TCL remote code list we have is the following:

If all of those aren't working for you, your best bet may be to reach out to our Tech Support team directly so they can look into further troubleshooting.

I have tried all these codes and none of them will work ! Suggestions

Roku is a 3 series, 32s327-ca

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

If they didn't work, there's still a possibility of a manual syncing. Give our Tech Support team a call at 310-8324 (TECH) and they can walk you through it.

I tried the code search option as well - Options button till 2 green led flashes, code 0029. A few seconds later the red light next to the TV power button flashes, press OK, then try controlling the TV. It did not work either.

Not sure if that's what you mean by "manual syncing". If that's what you meant, then I've already been through that routine. If that's not it, I'd be happy to try Tech Support once more.

Thanks

Hi... I tried tech support and went in circles for awhile and finally got through to a real person who put me through to Tech support and they did eventually get back to me, but by that time I had searched Tcl and other forums and finally found a code that worked. It is 0021. Try that with the code input instructions. Hope you have success.

That worked ! I still have to use the two power buttons separately, but at least I only need the Optik remote.

And I do believe there is a "Power Sync" guide that tells how to get both devices turning on and off with just the Optik power button.

This is progress, though. Thanks so much.

Ok, got the Power Sync option working too. Simply press Options till the Optik LED flashes twice, then enter code 0007. That's it !

Now both devices are turning on with just the Optik power button.

Yep...I also got my remote sync working with the 0007 so it does both.
Happy viewing!