cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slimline 2 remote and LG TV

Reymond
Just Moved In

I have a problem with a LG TV, all remote functions (Slimline 2) work, but the volume control doesn't, not with the soundbar or with just the speakers on the TV.

I went through the set-up procedure a few times, but there is no change.

The set-up code that was provided is 1638 — this after I entered the exact model number.

Looking at the codes provided for the LG TVs do I (really?) have to work my way through all the numbers provided (1638 1429 1423 1557 1402 1422 1419 1639 1917 1910 1840 1696 1654 1653 1617 1556 1486 1478 1434 1376 1251 1175 1148) until one of them works? 

Looking forward to a reply. 

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Since LG has changed the codes on their TVs so many times, yes you would need to keep trying codes until one works. Many manufacturers have reused some codes from older models as well but I'm not aware of one manfacturer that notes their codes in the manuals or anywhere else. They sadly leave it for the end users to figure out.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Since LG has changed the codes on their TVs so many times, yes you would need to keep trying codes until one works. Many manufacturers have reused some codes from older models as well but I'm not aware of one manfacturer that notes their codes in the manuals or anywhere else. They sadly leave it for the end users to figure out.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Kronos
Organizer
1638 should work for any LG tv. Are you able to turn on/off the tv using the Power button on the top left?
Does the remote LED blink green or orange when you hold Options for 3 seconds during the programming process?
Green is normal Orange means you programmed a sound bar at some point and it will not be able to control the TV volume.