cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program your Slimline Remote 2 for Optik TV - Optical Volume control

olow
Just Moved In

I am trying to get my new TV setup and there isn't a specific code for my TV Samsung UN75TU700DF.

I've run through all the codes provided in the PDF, there are a few that work to control the power on and off of the TV and Box.  But none of these codes allow me to adjust the volume using the Telus remote.  The Volume display is showing on the TV when the buttons are pushed, but the volume doesn't adjust.  I've gone through all 34 codes and only some of the 12xx codes work. I have a Sonos Beam connected to the Optical out.  I've also tried the 0029 code, but that didn't work.

Is there a more up-to-date code list? This PDF is from 2015.  I can confirm that if I use my Samsung remote, I can control the volume.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply....  the Samsung remote works on controlling the volume.  So not sure what the disconnect is.  I've found a solution.  

Fortunately, the Sonos app has the ability to add a remote, it can identify the Telus IR.

3) Program your Sonos Beam soundbar to use the volume controls on your remote by accessing the  Sonos apps Settings > System > Product > Remote Control Setup. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you can see the volume indicator on the TV, and it's the one from the TV and not the Telus box, then you should have a correct code.  I'm not sure if the new Samsung TVs have the same issue that my older one does. If there are external speakers or sound bar or receiver, the TV won't let the remote control the volume after I changed the settings on the TV itself to tell the TV there were external speakers. 

That is the newest PDF list also. The remotes have been out for a while and there's no way to update the firmware on them to add new codes. Most manufactures will reuse previous codes but not always. There may be new remotes coming in the future but Telus hasn't indicated if or when that'll happen.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks for the reply....  the Samsung remote works on controlling the volume.  So not sure what the disconnect is.  I've found a solution.  

Fortunately, the Sonos app has the ability to add a remote, it can identify the Telus IR.

3) Program your Sonos Beam soundbar to use the volume controls on your remote by accessing the  Sonos apps Settings > System > Product > Remote Control Setup.