cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pik TV, cannot select program on AppleTV

midorik
Just Moved In

Even if I press the button on a program currently on, it doesn't play. Global, CBC, CTV etc, I tried them all, but it doesn't run.  Other apps on my Apple TV works just fine. Only Pik TV is misbehaving.

I already done re-booting, turn on/off and resetting the whole Apple TV. None helps Pik TV.

Even if I'm paying for it, I can't watch anything. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BlairP
Organizer

I have seen this as well.  I have had the Pik TV service and Apple TV app as well as the iPad app for about 3 years now.  Things were rough in the first year, got better in the second but the Apple TV app is definitely in bad shape right now.  The iPad App is much better.

The only workaround I have for the Apple TV app is to select the channel you want on the home screen instead of going into the Guide where the cursor/navigation is definitely broken.

This is not very helpful but I wanted to add my experience to this thread.  Hopefully someone from Telus weighs in here.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

willynilly
Just Moved In

same issue with us...the app is a buggy POS and Telus seems to be indifferent to improvements

wdwillows
Helpful Neighbour

Same issue...rebooted, restarted and reset the Apple TV but no luck.  Someone posted elsewhere that you select your channel, then the one below then the one you want...claims this works but haven't tried.  Seems this bug is form the last Apple TV update but dunno.  Wish Telus would look into this but I doubt it.  Looking for alternate service providers of app-based tv streamers...

BlairP
Organizer

I have seen this as well.  I have had the Pik TV service and Apple TV app as well as the iPad app for about 3 years now.  Things were rough in the first year, got better in the second but the Apple TV app is definitely in bad shape right now.  The iPad App is much better.

The only workaround I have for the Apple TV app is to select the channel you want on the home screen instead of going into the Guide where the cursor/navigation is definitely broken.

This is not very helpful but I wanted to add my experience to this thread.  Hopefully someone from Telus weighs in here.

midorik
Just Moved In

Thank you all for the replies. I guess I'm not the only one :< 

Stevo43
Neighbour
Same problem, since about 10 days ago. Just the latest in Telus Pik TV sloppiness with their Apple TV app🙁

SirIsaac
Helpful Neighbour
I’ve also tried all the above. App continually freezes