cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Per View Overcharging

Davies262
Neighbour

I pay my 96 year old Father's Telus bills for him, and he is being charged for pay per view movies he doesn't watch. Typical charge is $25 per movie, which is shocking on it's own!  (they are movies that he would not watch anyway).  I called Telus support 3 separate times this has happened in the past, and had spent ALOT of time on hold.  The last time this happened they suggested I program a sort of 'child block' on the TV to prevent this happening, which I have done.  I am refusing to pay these new charges because I am honestly thinking there is something fishy going on with the outsourced support Telus is providing.  Now they are threatening to disconnect my Father's phone, I have no choice but to call Telus support.  There is a 1 hour wait, which I can't wait for as I have to be at work.  I have asked Telus Support to disable the 'Pay per view' function from their end, but they told me they can't do it.  I am at my wits end...  Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

4 REPLIES 4

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @Davies262 - Has the purchase PIN been enabled? Does your father know the PIN?

There might be something else at play that we might need to investigate. Can you please send us a private message to troubleshoot the issue?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Hello,

I set up the PIN myself months ago. No, my Dad doesn't know the PIN. He is not tech savvy at all, this is why I don't understand these charges. Is there any way to block the pay per view feature from the Telus end at all?

Thank you,

Susan

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

We can configure the account to block all PPV and VOD rentals completely. However, this will block all such content, so you'll need to be okay with that. If you are, send us a private message. 

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Yes, we want to block all PPV and VOD rentals on my Father's account. Also, can someone please contact me about removing these outstanding charges from my Father's account.

Thank you,

Susan