cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik TV online channel selection not available

telusorc
Friendly Neighbour

Hello,

I subscribed to Optik TV about 2 weeks ago, I took the Essentials, no frills. Now, I would like to customize my channel selection (I get 5 picks), but I can't seem to do it online. When I select my Optik TV service from MyTelus, I simply get a note saying that "To manage your current package, please call 1-888-811-2323". See screenshot.

telus_optiktv.png

Any idea why this would show up? Is anyone else here able to make their selection online?

Also, called the number, gave them the channels I wanted, but it's been a few hours now and the selection does not seem to have applied yet despite power cycling the optik TV box. I don't know if this is for the same reason that I can't make my selection online...

Finally, note that my home service address is not quite the same as my billing address, it's been very trying to get Telus to fix this. I don't know if this is could have anything to do with the online selection not working.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Can you please try going Here and click on I already have TELUS Home Services> Then login with your My TELUS credentials.

That should lead you to the landing page where you can select your current address and make your channel selections there.

Regarding the address mismatch, did that get sorted out? Please send us a private message and we will help you further

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

That definitely could be a factor, and the same team that can change your channel package could also look into rectifying the address mismatch as well. Have the channels showed up for you yet?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Hi there. I called customer service to ask why I couldn't select my channels from the website. I was told that  it's because there is a discount on my optik tv rental ($10 IIRC), the channel selection is not made available on the website to "ensure that the discount remains when the channel selection is changed". This seems like a very strange reason to me. Note that I am on a month to month, no contract.

As for my  address, the same person told me that they cannot change it, this is what they entered for the postal service, and the postal code that appears is driven by the system, not by manual entry.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

What they supposedly told you about the rental discount makes no sense to me. I have that same discount and have changed my channels online a few times without issue.

As for the address, I would suspect Telus uses Canada Post's database for service addresses. If you put your address in Canada Post's website, does it match your service address or billing address? Where I work, we use whatever address shows up on Canada Post's website.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

What @Nighthawk said is true, and we also find it odd in terms of the reasoning you were given. You should still be able to change your channels and update the address to sync up with Canada Post's database. If you continue to experience issues, send us a private message here and we can discuss further.

Hi there,

I still can't see the channels I selected over the phone with telus support. One of them was CNN, that's easy to remember. They could confirm they saw it as part of my selection. This was the conversation I referred to up here.

I've even reset the device (the button on its side) and reconfigured it, and still don't see the additional channels.

If it's possible to deal with the problem through this forum, I would prefer that. Phone support is very hit and miss, and it can be quite a while before you actually get to speak to a human.

So there's two problems:

• I can't make my channel selection on the web
  • The channel selection I did over the phone with support does not seem to be applying.

Thank you.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Can you please try going Here and click on I already have TELUS Home Services> Then login with your My TELUS credentials.

That should lead you to the landing page where you can select your current address and make your channel selections there.

Regarding the address mismatch, did that get sorted out? Please send us a private message and we will help you further

Hi there! Thank you for your reply.

So yes, this interface worked, and it allowed me to access the channel selection interface. However, all the channels I had already selected over the phone (World News, CNN, CNBC, Cartoon network, Discovery Science HD) were already selected (green checkboxes). So I can confirm that the selection has been done to my order by the phone tech support person.

However, the selection has never been applied to the telus TV box, despite countless reboots and factory resets. The 5 channels I listed are not selectable from the telus box.

I changed the selection from the web interface and submitted the order and went through full checkout. I will see if doing this will have the effect of flushing it through.

Maybe tomorrow morning I will see that the channel selection has finally been applied.

In the meantime, a few questions:

• On the Telus TV box, I want to confirm that there is no need for me to login, the association to my account is based on the IP, correct? The login is a google login for android TV integration, that has nothing to do with my telus account. But, just confirming that I'm not supposed to do any other setup on the box to apply the channel selection. 
  • What was different with the web interface you asked me to go through? If I go to my telus, I still get the "legacy" thing with a note to call tech support for channel selection. But through the link you sent me, everything shows up.
  • I still see my old address in Kitsilano, in addition to my current address. I couldn't find a way to remove the old address.
  • My current address is still wrong, it doesn't specify "West" in my street address, and North Vancouver also has an "East" equivalent of my street and house number.
  • In my telus profile, the postal code is wrong. I don't think it's harmful, but it's odd.

Thank you.

Also I've marked this as an accepted solution because, at the very least, I can now make my channel selection online (hopefully it ends up applying to my telus box).