cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBC Boston

Vicgal
Organizer

Why is NBC Boston (channel 260) on the guide for 4K wireless box and not on the guide for 4K PVR?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Sounds like it's been edited it out.

The Favourites Lists are simply templates that can be modified.

To make a change select whichever one you wish and then go to Options>Guide Settings>Customize Channels. From here enter 260 to get to the problem channel and select it and save.

Hopefully that's the solution.

These settings are per set top box thus the difference between your two devices.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Sounds like you have different settings for the guide display on the two boxes. You can set the box to display all channels, subscribed channels or favourites. This is available from the Options menu when viewing the guide.

Some additional info:

Subscribed channel view for Optik TV | TELUS Support

Favourites list for Optik TV | Support | TELUS.com

Thanks for the thought.  With all 3 options (All Channels, Subscribed and Favorites), channel 260 is not any of those on the 4K PVR Guide.  To add to the mystery, channel 9260 is on the guide and when selected, then you have the option to view in HD, which takes you to 260.  It's a minor issue.  Just one of those curiosities. 

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I only see 260 when I select all channels for the guide display. I tried this on both my 4K PVR and 4K remote box with the same results. Not sure what package it's part of but I apparently don't have it.

260 and 9260 are 'paired' channels. They are the same content but the 9000 range of channels are for SD content. So that make sense when you select the channel you could watch the SD version or got to 260 and watch the HD version.

NBC Boston is in the Time Shift package, which is a personal favourite.  I did check all three options of "all channels", "subscribed channels" and "my favourites" and none of them have 260 on the 4K PVR guide when one scrolls through.  I do understand about the "paired" channels.  It just seems a bit convoluted to scroll to 9260 SD, then have the option to "view in HD', rather than have 260 listed on the guide.  Guess I'm making too much of a fuss about this.  I'll accept how to access 260 in a roundabout way.  Thank you FuzzyLogic for your input. 

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Sounds like it's been edited it out.

The Favourites Lists are simply templates that can be modified.

To make a change select whichever one you wish and then go to Options>Guide Settings>Customize Channels. From here enter 260 to get to the problem channel and select it and save.

Hopefully that's the solution.

These settings are per set top box thus the difference between your two devices.

THANK YOU !!!  It worked !!!  You are awesome !!!