cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Araknis + OptikTV Issues - New install today

zr123
Just Moved In

I have an Araknis network, which worked fine with Shaw (in BC).  I have everything connected to Control4, so it's important for me to be able to run everything through my Araknis switches and router.  However when I connect the OptikTV boxes to the Araknis router, they work for 10 seconds and then stop.  When I try to connect them via wifi, the same thing happens.  If they are connected to the new Telus wireless hub, they work fine, however this then does not allow me to control or see the boxes through my network the way I need to.

I have Telus internet and OptikTV, prior to this I had Shaw internet and TV and had no issues.

The Telus internet hub is in full bridge mode, so now I don't even know how to access it using the IP provided.

What do I do? If I can't fix this, I'll have to cancel and go back to Shaw.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That would be the Araknis router either doesn't support multi-cast packets properly, or it's not enabled. That is always the reason Optik will cut out after 10 seconds using a third party router. Check your configuration.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I enabled multicast passthrough on my Araknis router, but it still doesn't seem to solve the issue.  What else can I try?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Telus internet hub is in full bridge mode, so now I don't even know how to access it using the IP provided.”
Simply connect a computer to the T3200M with an ethernet cable, and type 192.168.1.254 into your browser address bar.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"