cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected mobility bills on the service that I never used.

qhwa
Friendly Neighbour

Hi there,

I tried to call customer support, but it was too busy, so let me post it here.

Last year, I tried to switch from Rogers to Telus Mobility, but didn't successfully activate the SIM card following the instructions. So I stayed with Rogers and left that SIM card behind.

Months later, I received a notice saying that I had a bill of 300$+ unpaid. So I went to one Telus store to figure out what was going on. Turns out that the unused plan was generating the bill. I contacted Telus customer service immediately. They said that I can pay the bill and cancel the plan. So I paid $499.81 (for an additional month fee) and canceled it.

I thought it was over but it's not. Later I received another $270.97 bill for the same account. I refuse to pay so I just ignored it until today I received a notice from General Credit Service to collect this "debit".

This makes me wonder, what's going on with this account? Why am I supposed to keep paying for some service that I never use? How to make it right?

The account number is <Redacted personal info. - Mod> . Can you help me, Telus?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

qhwa
Friendly Neighbour

For others who may have the same issue, a suggestion is that when you request to cancel an account from Telus Mobility, make sure all "lines" are canceled.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@qhwa It sounds like you had activated an account/services and it was running the whole time. If you've been ignoring it, the account was likely referred to collections and based on your info, it does appear the case. Given you have the name of the collection agency, I would suggest giving them a call for next steps. 

Here's a number I found for them:  1-877-588-4274 

qhwa
Friendly Neighbour

Hi @dru thank you for the suggestion!

I've talked to an agent of the collection agency, and we agreed that I'd better contact Telus to fix it. 

qhwa
Friendly Neighbour

I've called customer service and they are now working on it. I deeply appreciate everyone's help.

Hi @qhwa , i am also in same situation..  Were you able to get this fixed. I am trying to reach out to Telus and it is going in endless waiting of help desk call. Appreciate your inputs.

qhwa
Friendly Neighbour

For others who may have the same issue, a suggestion is that when you request to cancel an account from Telus Mobility, make sure all "lines" are canceled.

erkangunestutar
Just Moved In

Hi,

I have been charged with International mobility roaming frequently which I never used. I tried to have access to a Telus email address so that I can appeal the billings which I have not been able to locate.

Regards