cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hurricane Fiona Data overages

Mike10
Just Moved In

Got a text from Telus after the storm that any data overages from Hurricane Fiona would be reversed on the next bill.  I'm still getting charged the regular amount.   Why have these charges not been reversed?

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you tried directly asking sales/billing? You'd need to either call in or use the chat on Telus's website.

The overages would only be covered for a limited time. No carrier is going to be offering long term allowances for overages. Most actually only offered that coverage from September 24th to September 28th. (article)

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

chat just tells me to call,  call I wait on hold all day.   That is when the overages are from.  This was supposed to be automatic, every carrier in the region said they were reversing charges. Now they're going to make everyone call in to get it back and hope they forgot. I'm not surprised.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can try reaching Telus through their social media sites TELUSSupport on Twitter, or through their Facebook page. At least you won’t be waiting on hold for a reply.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

DavidM15
Just Moved In

Just got off the phone with support regarding this same issue. They confirmed that 2 of the 3GB Fast Passes will be covered. Though they mentioned we will see these on our bill but that we'll receive a credit for the extra charges on our NEXT bill for them.