cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Support Callback

bskitmor
Coach

Any time I use Telus support and request a call back on my cell phone, the support call back never rings on my phone -- I get 3 messages in voicemail and that's it.  I have turned off call control -- makes no difference.  So I am stuck with chat -- ok most of the time but when thugs get complicated chat can be cumbersome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xray
Hero

Situation sounds similar to this other post:
https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility-Devices/Phone-not-ringing-on-telus-callback/m-p/139364

What number is associated with the voice messages? Would you happen to have that number blocked on your phone?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

On my iPhone I have a setting to block any callers not in my contacts. Possibly you have a similar setting enabled?

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Thanks -- I have an Android phone: don't have that setting on, maybe it doesn't exist -- worth a check.  I had call control on but it's off now.

If you are using the Google phone dialer it will have the block unknown number setting. I don't know about other manufacturer specific dialers like Samsung. The dialer that comes with LineageOS doesn't have the setting which is one of the reasons I installed the Google dialer.

I don't think it's related to Call Control because a caller that doesn't pass call control can't leave a message.

Thanks -- I found the block unknown # setting but I haven't turned it on so far because it seems a bit draconian.  Somehow the Telus Call Back # got added to a blocked list on my phone app settings -- maybe some AI spam filter netted it?  Anyway for now I have unblocked the Telus Call Back #.  I have a Pixel Pro 7 so I am vanilla Google all the way.

Crikey you were right!  There is a setting to block unidentified numbers in Android land (whatever unidentified means) -- the Telus call back number was indeed blocked when I reviewed Settings/Blocked Numbers.  So I have unblocked Telus -- hopefully they always use the same number!

Thanks for the advice

Who would have thunk it?  Not me I guess!

Who would have thunk it?

xray
Hero

Situation sounds similar to this other post:
https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility-Devices/Phone-not-ringing-on-telus-callback/m-p/139364

What number is associated with the voice messages? Would you happen to have that number blocked on your phone?