cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Communications is sending erroneous "deteriorating trade" to credit reporting agencies

NewCustomer
Just Moved In

I became a Telus Comm customer almost two years ago. I have never been late or missed a payment on my Telus account.

I have alerts set up on my credit report at TransUnion. Starting in January 2020 and continuing in February and March, Telus Communications has been sending "deteriorating trade" reports to TransUnion and presumably to Equifax indicating that my account has not been kept current three months in a row. I have the statements to show that is false. 

When I contact Telus Customer Service, they tell me it's a TransUnion problem. When I contact TransUnion, they tell me they can only show what Telus sends them regarding my account.

I am stuck, powerless to get this resolved. Based on the fact that the problem has only cropped up in these last three months, I can only assume it's some kind of computer glitch in the Accounts Receivable system at Telus Communications. If that's the case, it must be impacting others.

Has anyone experienced this before? If so, how did it get resolved?

2 REPLIES 2

RobertHull
Just Moved In

The fact that they haven't responded is pretty telling, isn't it!

If they would spend more time "helping" customers and less time telling us what they are "doing to "help", it would be .... ah helpful!

I have found in the past that it usually helps to complain through their Loyalty number BUT ... of course, that isn't working right now so I don't know what to say. I don't understand why a global communications company with all kinds of technology can't find ways to continue to communicate during these times of isolation. If anyone should be able to figure that out, it should be them!

Good Luck!

You can escalate any issues you have here.