cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Account Password not Accepted

Myoptic1
Friendly Neighbour

I am on the android Optic TV and not able to use the "voice feature  on the TV Remote. I am repeatedly trying to prove it is my google account with my password login. But it just goes into a loop and keeps asking for my Account password. And there no other option.

I use Google Home but not all devices are identified. Would appreciate your suggestions!

2 REPLIES 2

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Here are some suggestions to help resolve the issues with the voice feature on your Android Optic TV and Google Home:

Check Google Account Settings:

• Make sure you're logged into the correct Google account on your Android Optic TV. Go to Settings > Accounts and make sure the account you want to use is the one listed.

Clear App Cache:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Google app (or the specific app you're using for voice commands) and clear the cache. This can sometimes resolve login issues.

Unlink and Relink Your Account:

• In the Google Home app, try unlinking your Google account from the Android Optic TV and then relinking it. This can sometimes refresh the connection.

Update Apps and TV Software:

• Ensure that both your Android Optic TV and Google Home app are updated to the latest versions. Sometimes, outdated software can cause compatibility issues.

Reboot Your Devices:

• Restart your Android Optic TV and your router. This can sometimes help establish a fresh connection.

Factory Reset (if necessary):

• As a last resort, consider performing a factory reset on your Android Optic TV. Make sure to back up any important settings or data, as this will erase everything.

Google Home Device Identification:

• For devices not showing up in Google Home, ensure they're compatible and connected to the same Wi-Fi network. You can also try re-adding them in the Google Home app.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

I was able to clear cache as suggested but unsuccessful fix.

When I tried to unlink Google Home (Android 14) and Android TV there was no link / unlink option under Security & Privacy Tab.

Rebooting did not solve the problem.

The problem may because the "Account ID" (TV Settings) is different than the "Account Number" on the Telus Bill. Unless they should be different numbers.

Problem still not resolved!

Any suggestions?