cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downed lines in front of residence

ALivera
Just Moved In

Construction vehicles in neighbourhood downed wires/cables right in front of our home.  City of Vanc and Hydro say these do not belong to them and suggested I call Telus and Shaw.  I spent nearly 40 mts on the phone with Telus, being bounced around from various Departments and finally an Agent took down information.  I then received Text mssg with Appt date and time that a Technician will visit home to Troubleshoot, and if I am not available to answer the door, I will be charged $150.  The downed cables are nothing to do with me; I am just reporting a hazard as they dangle from above and are on the sidewalk.  If the Servicemen come to address provided they will see situation and can deal with it.  Trying to respond to Text received, but short of cancelling the appointment, I am unable to respond back with explanation.  How or WHO can resolve this situation??

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

There's another discussion on this topic barely a day old: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/Downed-Fibre-Line/td-p/128138

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

ALivera
Just Moved In

Telus did come by on Monday and cut the lines to a height it would not obstruct those on sidewalk.  Informed me that cable belonged to Shaw and am now working with them to resolve.

Here's what I found irritating.  I kept receiving TXT messages re Appointment requesting me to respond either with VIRTUAL if I wishes to speak with them, FIXED if I no longer needed service or CHANGE if requirement was changed.  The TXT send was from a "NO REPLY" message # so though I tried responding mssg would not transmit. The kicker is that message stated that PLEASE REMEMBER A $150 SERVICE CALL CHARGE WILL APPLY IF YOU ARE UNAVAILABLE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT.  Appointment time fixed by Telus was between 8 - 9 a.m Monday Aug 8.  We did have personal appointments from 8 - 8:40 a.m that day; I was unable to CHANGE appointment as there was no was to get back to them via Text.  One of us had to change personal appt and stay at home in order to answer doorbell even though I had specifically explained the situation was on the roadside and that our landline worked fine.  Telus needs a better mode of communication - no one wants to call and get transferred from one Dept to another, using 40 mts of valuable time.

Good to know that despite the line having been identified as belonging to Shaw they still adjusted the line height so that they wouldn't obstruct the sidewalk!