cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
50% helpful (2/4)
dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Most of us will upgrade our devices at some point and we'll all face the same dilemma: how do we transfer our info to the new device?

For those of you going through this for the first time, we’ve compiled a list of resources from various manufacturers to help you get started:

Apple

iPhone to iPhone

Simply plug your old iPhone to your computer, launch iTunes and back-up your device (for iCloud instructions, click here). Once your backup completes, "eject" your iPhone then plug in your new phone and "Restore" your backed up information.

Alternatively, if you've enabled backup via iCloud, you can simply “restore from iCloud” on the initial setup screen once you power on your new phone.

For your reference, here is a handy Apple how-to: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT203977

Switching over from Android to iOS

Apple makes it very easy for you to switch over from your Android device. Make sure both devices are charging and connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Then download the Move to iOS app available on the Google Play Store to your Android device and you're almost there.

Check out this link for all the steps: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201196

LG

Switching between LG devices

LG Bridge allows you to backup your content and restore it to another LG product. LG AirDrive can connect you wirelessly to your computer to copy, move, or delete files from your device.

For instructions on how to use LG AirDrve and to download LG Bridge to your Windows PC or Mac OS computer, visit this link:

http://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000026-1438110404543-preinstall-apps

Google Pixel devices

Switching from iOS and/or “other” devices

Transferring content to your new Pixel device depends largely on the content itself. Google has put together a step by step guide on how to import your photos, music, contacts, and email/messages here:

https://www.android.com/switch/

Need to activate a new SIM card for your new device? Check out our guide on how to do that online here.

Is there an official content transfer process missing for a particular manufacturer? Leave a comment below and we’ll review it and update this article!

Need more help? Contact us here for further assistance.

Was this article helpful? Yes No
Comments
Lovelyroxie1987
Just Moved In

J'aimerais bien envisager l'achat d'un cellulaire  comme le Lg.... Ou bien le Xperia waterproof ... Kyocera indestructible .... Pourriez vous songer à  m'aider auprès fun choix d'un téléphone qui doit être TUFF EN TABARNAK.... MOI ET MON ENFANT DE TROIS ANS LE PRENDS VPNSTAMMENT... QUELLE SERAIT LES TARIFS... POUR QUE LE NOUVEAU CELLULAIRE DEVIENT MA LIGNE Primaire et celui ci ... Que j'ai déjà.... Serais pour la maison alors jveux savoir si vous avez les demarchés pour que mon cellulaire ... Soit genre règle pour un enfants ... Comprenez vous... Jveux pas m'acheter mon premier cellulaire puis jle déteste.... Tse... J'adore le forfait même si jcrois que je devrais opter pour un 14gb dans mon forfait

kou
Just Moved In

Thanks for sharing this. I learn a lot about how to transfer data from old phone to new phone in this article. And I know that it may be a little bit difficult and inconvenient to transfer from iPhone to Samsung or switch data between iPhone and Blackberry. I have taken your advice to migrate my iPhone photos to Samsung successfully. Thanks again.

Nmserkker
Just Moved In

I never thought data transmission would be easy, it's also easy to lose data , but from your article , i can learn how to transfer data from phone to phone , especially, transferring messages from Android to iPhone , i last time I failed of transfer Android contacts , maybe  ,there's no successful link the two phones  to the computer , 

zaceryusa
Helpful Neighbour

It does not as easy as we thought ,because connect phone to computer is difficult .

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

It does not as easy as we thought ,because connect phone to computer is difficult .

Did your phone come with a charging cable? That is usually the means to connect the phone to a computer to transfer information to a new phone.

cora23
Just Moved In

Using data transfer software can make it easily. With its four modes - Android to Android, Android to iOS, iOS to Android, iOS to iOS, it can transfer lossless files between two mobile phones.

With it,you can move contacts, messages, call logs, photos, music, videos and apps, etc.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

A lot of the data transfer software out there is also dangerous and malicious. Users should be very wary of most of those programs, especially if the companies behind them won't post any contact information, including where they are based. Software from companies like Apple or Samsung is fine.

Version history
Last update:
July
Updated by:
Community Manager
Contributors