cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

promotional calls, offer something new

TreeB
Just Moved In

I received a call from Telus offering a $500 credit towards a telus mobility plan. and i really dont need or want that. what i do need or want would be a month of free internet, or a free house camera to add to our smarthome.

I was also upset that the agent just hung up on me when i declined the offer. I have called in to let them know that as a customer of 22 years, that sort of behaviour will deter people from continuing on with their services and look for internet and home services elsewhere.

6 REPLIES 6

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

A $500 credit? Sounds like one of the scammers pretending to be Telus.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Rocky3
Rockstar

Agree it must have been a scammer. 

Just Moved In

My latest experience with Telus Sales Team was also horrible. Got call from them offering an "exclusive offer" (switching my current contract on 4 business lines to a new 2-year term) that turned out to look like a scam. I learned that in order for me to save $2.19/month for the next 24 months I have to pay $160 of Connection Fee and $224 Termination Fee for each of my 4 lines... When I asked how is it an "exclusive offer" they send me e-mail admitting that it was a mistake and they will not insist on me switching... Awful experience. And guess what? As a bonus they put my business on "no call" list. By doing so they technically admited that being on their "no call" list from Sales is indeed a bonus. Good job, Telus!

This is an e-mail from Telus Sales Team that I am talking about (word for word): 

First I would like to apology for the bad experience that you had with us, and as per further reviewing your account we decided not to insist on the offers provided to you and suggesting that we wait until November 2024 so all 4 lines on your account will have the same time line and also if we make any changes the current discounts on your 3 existing phone lines will be remove as well. We would highly suggest that we wait until November 2024 to renew your lines since November is our Black Friday Deals and there would be more awesome promotions that you can take advantage of. We would also remove your number from our call list until November so you will no longer receive any calls from us. 

E-mail above was sent from Telus mail account yet was not signed. Just said "Thank You" at the end. No name, no title. How professional is that?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Based on the grammatical errors in the email you described, I expect you were called by a scammer.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yeah, that doesn't seem legitimate.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager