cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to cancel roam like home

Tundratoad
Friendly Neighbour

I live on the border of the USA and have had issues with picking up USA towers and being billed for roaming for the last ten years. I recently accidently signed up for roam like home and did not know that it would automatically renew for ever and ever. Now, instead of paying between $1-5 dollars each time the Telus BC towers drop and I pick up a USA one for a text or data point, I am paying $12 EACH TIME! I need to get rid of it on my service package (4 people) and have spent approximately four hours attempting to get resolution with Telus. This includes timing out in their chat and on their phone lines.... any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

CJR
Ambassador

To remove Easy Roam should be able to just log in to your My Account and under plans/devices remove it from additional features.

Also if looking to avoid hitting the US towers can put your phone to home only. On an iPhone should be able to go into settings > cellular > network selection and turn off automatic and then select TELUS once the individual carriers show up, on Android would be Settings > Connections > Network Operator and turning off automatic and selecting TELUS from there.  If set that up if do decide to travel would have to go back in and change it to automatic once again but will save you from picking up the American towers in Canada.

xray
Hero

@Tundratoad wrote:

.... any suggestions?

I suggest you review the Easy Roam FAQ

https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/telus-easy-roam-faq

Specifically section called How do I remove Easy Roam?

Removing Easy Roam using My TELUS

1. Log in to My TELUS online (create an account for free if you don’t have an account)
  2. Go to the Travel section and select the device(s) you want to remove Easy Roam from if there are multiple devices on the account
  3. Scroll down to the destination search and enter a destination that’s included in Easy Roam, like the USA
  4. In the results, you will see a Remove Easy Roam option on the right side of the screen. Click this link and follow the steps to confirm the removal of Easy Roam

Removing Easy Roam using text message

Using the TELUS mobile device that you want to remove Easy Roam from, text REMOVE to 7626.