Swap numbers between Telus accounts?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

I have two Telus accounts - one is a contract account (in Ontario with a 905 area code number), and the other is a prepaid account in B.C. (with a 250 number).

I'm moving to Victoria next month, and would like to swap the phone numbers between my accounts.

(Normally I'd just transfer the BC number, but I want to keep the old Ontario number going for a few months to catch any remnant calls.)

Is this doable?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Yeah we can do that for you! It's called a number swap. If you can call from a landline or a 3rd number when you do it,that's best because you will get disconnected if you are calling from either device during. It'll cost you $25 on the Ontario line. It's called a number swap. It's different than a port because you are not leaving Telus. We don't advertise it because it gets abused a lot by customers using it for their convenience when we prefer to use it for special scenarios such as when someone passes away and a grieving family member wants to hold onto the number etc. The $25 fee is no money maker. It takes a lot of people and time to do the swap. You gotta call in to do but, it's doable 🙂

Mobility Client Care Rep

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Edited : See @Mobility_Princess comment. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Most Helpful
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Yeah we can do that for you! It's called a number swap. If you can call from a landline or a 3rd number when you do it,that's best because you will get disconnected if you are calling from either device during. It'll cost you $25 on the Ontario line. It's called a number swap. It's different than a port because you are not leaving Telus. We don't advertise it because it gets abused a lot by customers using it for their convenience when we prefer to use it for special scenarios such as when someone passes away and a grieving family member wants to hold onto the number etc. The $25 fee is no money maker. It takes a lot of people and time to do the swap. You gotta call in to do but, it's doable 🙂

Mobility Client Care Rep

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resident

Great! Thank you for your help! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Resident
I got a new account only for business and my old personal number, both with Telus. My business account has a better plan but my business phone number is on my personal account.
Was told by Telus it’s not possible. They used to do it but not anymore. I would lose one of the phone numbers, one of the accounts would get cancelled, and I would have to pay the early contract cancellation fee (big $$ as 20 months left).
Has anyone managed to get this successfully done? If I can’t port my number I’m just going to cancel the new account as it’s useless to me unless I can get my business phone number on it.