Prepaid and portiing number

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Connector

Hi folks,

I use prepaid service from Petro Canada mobility now going on 10 years. Telus' 100$/year prepaid package is very attractive so,

if i have an unlocked Samsung S4 (given to me by a family member in Ontario who's gone onto using a iPhone) could I have my cell number transferred to the Telus prepaid account (I'm in Montreal) ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes. When setting up your new account, bring your Petro Canada account info, and ask that they PORT your number to the new account. Once the number is ported, your old account will be automatically closed.

Don't forget to set a calendar reminder for your phone anniversary, so you keep your new plan active next year!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes. When setting up your new account, bring your Petro Canada account info, and ask that they PORT your number to the new account. Once the number is ported, your old account will be automatically closed.

Don't forget to set a calendar reminder for your phone anniversary, so you keep your new plan active next year!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Connector

Sweet! Thanks, NFtoBC