cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May 16, 2023 Network Time Zone misconfigured by Telus???

blanchae
Neighbour

My timezone is Edmonton Mountain Standard Time,  and is set automatically by Telus network. Last night, it switched to Eastern time zone. I use my cell phone for a 7 am wakeup alarm. It went off at 5 am MST because the Telus network misconfigured the time zone to Eastern Canada time zone. WTF? I woke up 2 HOURS EARLY because the Telus network BROKE????

4 REPLIES 4

Syaoran
Rockstar
Set your device time and timezone manually in your device settings and turn off automatic date and time and automatic timezone.

blanchae
Neighbour

That defeats the purpose of having the date and time automatically set by the network provider. It's worked for years without an issue. 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'm in Edmonton and haven't had any issues with my phone switching time zones. Either it's something very localized to your location or it's an issue with your phone. Has it only happened the one time?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

blanchae
Neighbour

I just set it back to "Automatic Time Zone - Use network provided time zone" to check and it works fine now. Before if I switched from manual back to auto, it would select EST. The strange thing is that if you looked at the time widget - it would show the EST time in big digits and underneath in small digits: "Home" with the correct time. As if I had travelled to a different time zone.