cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon after adding a new line to our account can I cancel it?

brulaz
Organizer

How soon after adding a new line to our account (currently 2 lines with 50GB each) can I cancel it?

Our son is visiting for a month from Europe and needs a phone sim with ~50GB data for work.

I was thinking of just adding a new line to our existing account and then cancelling it when he leaves.

We don't have any land line internet as we and he will travel a fair bit.

But if Telus says these plans require a 1 year contract, that won't work, obviously.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you sign up for an account with no promotion, you should be able to cancel any time. Just recognize you will not be getting the lowest price.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Dimo-X

Hi Brulaz, if your son has his own device then you can have it activated on a BYOD (bring your own device) plan, and pending a credit check, have it provisioned on a month to month basis. It would be best for him to visit a nearby TELUS store so that they can check the device for compatibility and help him with the activation process. 

If "provisioned on a month to month " means Prepaid, that won't work as Prepaid data is outrageously expensive.

If it means I can add another 50 GB line to our family account, then cancel it in a month, that would be perfect.

Hi brulaz,

The month to month would just be a 30 day contract so can cancel anytime but as mentioned above I’d take the phone into a store to make sure the phone is compatible with the network and to make sure all the settings get updated to the proper ones if the existing phone is able to be used.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you sign up for an account with no promotion, you should be able to cancel any time. Just recognize you will not be getting the lowest price.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thanks.
Just talked to staff at a Tesla store and they confirmed. We have a phone that works fine with Telus sims (just replaced it a few weeks ago), so will get a new Sim for it and add another 50gb line to our account when our son arrives.

Awesome! Glad to hear it worked out! 🙂