cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyRoam won’t turn off

Lisaann
Just Moved In
Hi there, I have tried to turn off EasyRoam and switch to pay per use on the app and website and I can’t. I tried calling and Telus offices close at 5 pm PDT? Any solutions for how to turn it off or get in touch with a human who can? I have to send one text tonight and want to avoid the $12 charge
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I should have been more clear. I was checking my wife's plan and she has Canada US and Easy Roam US wasn't shown. I later checked my Canada only plan and Easy Roam was shown in My TELUS but there was no button to disable it. I've had it enabled for a long time. The disable button only showed after I texted REMOVE to 7626 and then adding it back using My TELUS.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. Our Mobility team is open until 7pm local time at 1-866-558-2273 or by dialing *611 from your TELUS cellphone. Were you able to get this done in time? You can reach out to them by either of those numbers or via Live Chat online over at www.telus.com/assist

Alternatively, you can reach out to us via our Twitter or Facebook pages so we can verify the account and look into removing it.

Lisaann
Just Moved In
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply! I found the instructions to turn off by texting 7626 - so it worked out.

When I called 611 and asked the automated service to connect me to support, the message I got was offices were closed at 5 PDT - so something was amiss last night.

xray
Hero

I'm on a Canada-US plan now so it doesn't make sense to see the Easy Roam US option but I recall being able to turn it on/off from my account when I had just a Canadian plan. @A-B do you know if that has changed?

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

It usually is done by our team, mostly to avoid PPU charges for calls and mostly data.

I think the info on this page needs to be updated then.
https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/travel

Frequently asked questions

Which destinations are covered by Easy Roam?

How does Easy Roam work?
  • Easy Roam can only be managed using self-serve and not through a TELUS Representative.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

I meant if it wasn't showing up for this person, reaching out to our team would be an alternative.

If your plan includes calling, text, and data in the US. You will not be charged any extra, even if EasyRaom is on. The constant texts about EasyRaom do get annoying though.

I should have been more clear. I was checking my wife's plan and she has Canada US and Easy Roam US wasn't shown. I later checked my Canada only plan and Easy Roam was shown in My TELUS but there was no button to disable it. I've had it enabled for a long time. The disable button only showed after I texted REMOVE to 7626 and then adding it back using My TELUS.