cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Roaming in US can't make or receive phone calls

ps2g4
Just Moved In

I'm using easy roam for the first time in the US and discovered that I can't make or receive phone calls.  If I make a call, it rings once then drops.  Receiving a call, as soon as I answer it, the call ends.  I've checked every option I have on my phone that relates to calling, roaming, blocking calls, etc. and nothing would cause this action.  Even *611 doesn't work.

FYI, I have a Samsung S21 5G.  Data roaming works just fine, bluetooth, wifi, nfc all work.  local network is AT&T.

I'm waiting on telus chat, and it keeps bouncing me to the end of the queue - I was 3rd in line, now I'm 16th, again...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I resolved it with the classic solution - I powered my phone off and back on. Presto!  Now, as far as I can tell, no options or settings changed.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Easy Roam is really only a billing option, your phone should make and receive calls even without it. I suggest double checking in your account that international roaming has been enabled, though it should not be necessary for North American locations. 

I'm assuming you are indeed connected to the AT&T network - make sure your carrier settings in your phone are set to automatic.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I resolved it with the classic solution - I powered my phone off and back on. Presto!  Now, as far as I can tell, no options or settings changed.

shredder152
Friendly Neighbour

Neither solution helped.

My problem is that I can MAKE calls to US numbers in the US, but I can't RECEIVE calls from US numbers unless the number is in my Contacts list. What is up with this and how the hell do I fix it?

Since your issue is connected to your contact list it's likely a setting on your phone. There's no way the cellular network can see who's on your contact list. I suggest searching the support forums for your specific phone to see what setting it might be.

shredder152
Friendly Neighbour
Tried that, no help unfortunately. Thanks anyway.

Sent from my iPhone

Settings>Focus>Do Not Disturb

You should find the settings there to adjust your phone.