cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be Aware : Wifi Calling CANNOT be prioritized.

cpt00
Neighbour

So, even in 2023, I need to return my S23 Ultra because Telus disable the Wifi calling priority . 

Instead I have only the option to prioritize the mobile network. 

I live in Montreal and Telus has 0 coverage in my area. And the moment I get near a window, the cellphone signal pickup and kickme out of the Wifi Calling. So calls stops, and won't reconnect automatically on Wifi Calling ! 

I spoke with 3 tech, and one of them the call cut because of this !

Only option : toggle airplane mode, Sure on a 1900$ cell phone and on a complete plan. 

The tech told me : this is to unload our server .  OK, but it makes the whole wifi calling idea useless.

Look, I'm a dataceter designer (MEP) and Quebec electricity cost is so low that you can afford more servers, call me, I'll hook you up. 

52686034587_7b7afd5356_c_d52686034597_9567c0ce7c_c_d

3 REPLIES 3

cpt00
Neighbour

UPDATE of the day 

BTW to let you know, airplane mode does NOT work , here why : 

• go put the trash out, few meters from my home, airplane mode, get back in the house, wifi calling WON’T reconnect automatically , missed a call. 
  • get the kid from school, forgot to toggle back off airplane mode, : missed a client call. 

This is bs, ‘’ we we have wifi calling, but the way we implement it defeat the whole purpose’’ 

welcome in the future - with a 1900$ device

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Wifi calling priority is an Android feature and has nothing to do with Telus.

This may be useful:

How to Set Wi-Fi Network Priority on Android (makeuseof.com)

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Wrong. 

Engineer from Telus confirm this , and do a simple google search.

To prove my point I took time to stop a Videotron shop and the option ''magically appeared'' on my Telus phone by a simple SIM swap . 

Screenshot_20230215_111934_Wi-Fi Calling.jpgScreenshot_20230215_111941_Wi-Fi Calling.jpg