1 800 number

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour
From Canada and visiting in Florida. May I use a 1-800 number to call in Canada? If yes, does it use my minutes or go on roaming charge when I have a US package?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful

Hi, the 1-800 normally covers the long-distance fee if you're located inside Canada. If it's a company number, make sure that they don't have a specific for users travelling to the U.S since you'll be using a U.S mobile network so you'll be paying roaming fees. It normally doesn't matter who you're calling, a Canadian mobile user will always be roaming on a different provider's network.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Organizer

Hi If you have purchase a package calling to a 1800 number will use the minutes that the roaming package includes since you are traveling outside of your home country.

When you are in Canada and you are calling a 1800 number you will only use your minutes but long distance charges will not apply.

Bruce Gordon

TELUS Team Member

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful

Hi, the 1-800 normally covers the long-distance fee if you're located inside Canada. If it's a company number, make sure that they don't have a specific for users travelling to the U.S since you'll be using a U.S mobile network so you'll be paying roaming fees. It normally doesn't matter who you're calling, a Canadian mobile user will always be roaming on a different provider's network.

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Organizer

Hi If you have purchase a package calling to a 1800 number will use the minutes that the roaming package includes since you are traveling outside of your home country.

When you are in Canada and you are calling a 1800 number you will only use your minutes but long distance charges will not apply.

Bruce Gordon

TELUS Team Member