cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Home Phone ZTE MF273 Has No Messages but Telephone Set Says It Doe

ATGM8888
Just Moved In

Hi.  I am not delighted with some aspects of the Wireless Home Phone ZTE MF273, like the way it goes to busy when I dial some 1-800 numbers.  This happens after the 1-800 number answers and plays its opening message and does not happen when I re-try the call on a regular cellular phone.  That sounds as if it is a known defect and, other than that, the MF273 works pretty well as long as I reset it every few months when it gets confused.

I just set up voicemail on the Telus side, after an incoming call went to Telus voicemail when I was already on the line.  I have cleared all the Telus voice messages but my telephone set still acts as though there is a message to be played - it plays the broken dial tone when I pick up the handset and the display on the phone reports "Voicemail msg. via phone co."  How can I reset the ZTE MF273 Wireless Home Phone Unit so that my phone has its normal display and does not lie and indicate that there is a voicemail message?

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

The voicemail error is likely a stuck message waiting indicator. Try leaving yourself a voicemail, dial back in and delete it after listening to it. If that doesn't clear it, the tech support team will need to clear it on your profile. 

Serendipity
Friendly Neighbour

@ATGM8888 wrote:

Hi.  I am not delighted with some aspects of the Wireless Home Phone ZTE MF273, like the way it goes to busy when I dial some 1-800 numbers. 

I have the same, I think. Can’t find model number but has 2 duck bill looking antennas. 

This happens after the 1-800 number answers and plays its opening message and does not happen when I re-try the call on a regular cellular phone. 

I had no issues using one of Telus’s discounted branded sims. 

Have you tried to reseat SIM?

Reboot the ZTE? Pull plug and remove battery. 

That sounds as if it is a known defect and, other than that, the MF273 works pretty well as long as I reset it every few months when it gets confused. 

I have rarely rebooted mine. And when I have … it’s because it isn’t connected to the network at all. 

I just set up voicemail on the Telus side, after an incoming call went to Telus voicemail when I was already on the line.  I have cleared all the Telus voice messages but my telephone set still acts as though there is a message to be played - it plays the broken dial tone when I pick up the handset and the display on the phone reports "Voicemail msg. via phone co."  How can I reset the ZTE MF273 Wireless Home Phone Unit so that my phone has its normal display and does not lie and indicate that there is a voicemail message?

I use a Panasonic hand set and have set up for the Panasonic answering  machine to kick in before the Telus side does. Then the Telus side works while the phone is in use. And have put the VM number on the Panasonic to speed dial. All works good for $15 a month. 

Thank you in advance.