cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TELUS no longer selling Drive+ or Track+

I just noticed that TELUS as of February 16, 2021 is no longer selling the Drive+ or Track+ devices. I am a fan of both of these devices, and although they are maintaining service for existing customers, I am curious as to why they have been discontinued. Any insight?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just cannot see Telus leaving the customer holding the bag here. I'd assume Telus will either fulfill the contract on their end before throwing in the towel and/or, refund their customer's (and cease monthly contractual agreement) if the decision is made to prematurely end support. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

So what happens if TELUS cuts off support and service for these devices that I am making monthly payments for? I would expect TELUS to allow me to return them and give me my money back. It's not very confident it will be supported for long when TELUS says "Support and Service for existing customers will continue until FURTHER notice". That implies they are going to cut off service at some point in the near future.

Just cannot see Telus leaving the customer holding the bag here. I'd assume Telus will either fulfill the contract on their end before throwing in the towel and/or, refund their customer's (and cease monthly contractual agreement) if the decision is made to prematurely end support. 

Pintoguy
Advisor

I have been considering getting vehicle tracking for my car in case it gets stolen (again). Does this now mean that Telus offers no such service at all? I am trying to find out if my Garmin GPS can be used as a vehicle tracking device. Does anybody know how or if this is even possible???