cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Slow and unreliable LTE & 5G

TKO604
Just Moved In

Switched to Telus from Rogers a few months ago and am on their business 5G account. Switched cause of the deal I got, but have been finding the LTE/5G to be horrible. I'm in Richmond, but go to Vancouver, Burnaby, Surrey and Coquitlam often. In every city, there are very slow internet even in areas with telus stores the internet is super slow, like Richmond center, aberdeen mall, metrotown, coquitlam mall. I just don't understand it. Rogers was nothing like this when in areas like this. Am i missing something here?

4 REPLIES 4

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. You can check your location at our coverage map here: https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/network/coverage-map and if it shows solid coverage but you're not getting it, click on the green 'Report an issue' button to send a report to our network team. Alternatively, you can visit the nearest TELUS store or dial *611 from your TELUS cellphone to have our team investigate with you!

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @TKO604 

If you are using the same phone with TELUS that was previously used on Rogers, you can try the following...

A) Make sure your phone is up-to-date.

iPhone: Settings > General > Software Update

Android: Settings > System > System update.

B) You can reset your Network Settings.

This simple fix can solve many issues relating to network quality. 

A Network Reset Will...

• Erase all saved Wi-Fi passwords.
    Your other saved passwords will not be erased.
  • Erase all saved Bluetooth connections.

You will just need to manually connect to your WiFi and Bluetooth devices one time using the password/pin and your phone will automatically re-connect like normal. 

How to do a Network reset
iPhone: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Android: Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings

*Android settings may be different depending on the devices make and model. If the above steps do not work for you, open settings, use the search bar at the top and type "Reset" and you should see an option there to Reset Network settings.

I hope that helps 🙂

TKO604
Just Moved In

Thanks for the suggestions, have tried them before. But no improvements. Is there anything on Telus's side that can be done?

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

If that didn't do the trick, your best bet would indeed be to reach out to our team directly for further investigation at the contact methods I posted above.