cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonim phones

Xenophon
Just Moved In

I have just become a Telus prepaid customer.  I want to replace my flip (non-smart) phone, a ZTE Cymbal 2, which has software which at times resembles a virus.  The phone of interest which I see on the Telus site is the Sonim XP3.  Despite Sonim describing it as a basic talk& text phones, on the Telus site it is under smartphones:

Home/Small & Medium Business/Smartphone/Sonim XP3

So:

Can I buy this phone from Telus (or anyone else) and use my Telus SIM in it, under my Nationwide Talk & Text 25 plan?

Can I order it from a Telus store?

What is the price?

On the page I quoted above, there is mention of a connection fee, but that may be because that page is linked to a certain type of plan.  Is there such a fee?

Thanks for any advice.

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Can I buy this phone from Telus (or anyone else) and use my Telus SIM in it, under my Nationwide Talk & Text 25 plan?

Yes, just make sure it works on Canadian frequencies, if buying from outside Canada.

Can I order it from a Telus store?

Uncertain. Some small volume phones are sold only online.

What is the price?

Retail is $310, according to the website 

On the page I quoted above, there is mention of a connection fee, but that may be because that page is linked to a certain type of plan.  Is there such a fee

This would not apply, as you already have a plan, and should be able to swap your SIM.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Rfkgaming
Neighbour

it's $310 on telus website