cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scroll to top on Android?

modernrags
Neighbour

I switched from Apple to Android a little while ago (I inherited a Samsung Galaxy S9+ from a family member)....and while I think I've adapted pretty well, my biggest pet peeve is no obvious way to auto-scroll to the top of the page....on Apple devices, I just had to tap the empty space on the top of the screen, and it would scroll me up. Is there some kind of Android equivalent? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KnightShadey
Advocate

A coupla ways to do it;

- For websites, in Samsung Internet browser settings, toggle "show go to top button" it's an up arrow ^ over a straight line in the centre.

- For more global use add it as a global gesture using something like Smart Lock etc (in Samsung Store, but be aware SL doesn't have all features on some One UI 2.5 devices and currently doesn't play well with OUI 3.0 devices, then set it as a gesture. Can't test, no longer have that generation device.

- You can also add it to the Edge screen using Edge Gestures, then open and tap up.

Good Luck!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

KnightShadey
Advocate

A coupla ways to do it;

- For websites, in Samsung Internet browser settings, toggle "show go to top button" it's an up arrow ^ over a straight line in the centre.

- For more global use add it as a global gesture using something like Smart Lock etc (in Samsung Store, but be aware SL doesn't have all features on some One UI 2.5 devices and currently doesn't play well with OUI 3.0 devices, then set it as a gesture. Can't test, no longer have that generation device.

- You can also add it to the Edge screen using Edge Gestures, then open and tap up.

Good Luck!