cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reception in NW Calgary (Evanston)

Zooter
Just Moved In
Hi,

I’ve been a Telus customer for about 8 years now and never had any major issues with cell reception at home. Over the last couple for years, coincidentally since the start of the pandemic, I have poor reception inside my house. Even though my phone shows 2 bars, the person on the other end can’t hear me properly, my voice cuts out etc. I can always hear the person ok but not the other way around. My wife has a new iPhone and same issue. Tried other phones and have the same problem. I can never get more than 2 bars on a regular basis but 2 bars should be sufficient to hold a conversation. Not sure what the issue is but this is making it very difficult to take calls from work or even in an emergency. I know there’s wifi calling, WhatsApp etc but those aren’t long term solutions and even then those calls can drop from time to time. Is there anyone else experiencing the same problem?
1 REPLY 1

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Although the nearest Telus tower is within eyesight, certain parts of my house have a sufficiently poor signal that my phone switches to Wi-Fi calling. I have not had any issues with this option, and find it also works at friend’s houses where they have offered me connection to their guest Wi-Fi.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"